Well our amazing journey has finally come to an end. This past month has been one of the most memorable experiences I have ever embarked on. We have faced with many challenges throughout our trip. The first challenge was being away for a month over seas. In the beginning I thought the trip would last forever, but now that we are on our way home, it seems like only yesterday that we arrived in Auckland.
The biggest challenge that I face was going sky-diving. I wasn’t nervous until I was in the airplane. The group I was with got let out at 12,000 feet while I went up to 15,000 feet. When they first opened the door at 12,000 feet the first person dropped so fast, that I got nervous. When it was my turn to go, we sat on the edge of the plane with our feet hanging out. I put my head back and the dude I was strapped to (Brad) pushed us out. I free fell for over 1 minute, and the rush is indescribable. When the parachute opened we glided the rest of the way down. The views were amazing. When I first jumped out I could see both the east and west coast of New Zealand. We jumped out over Taupo bay, the largest bay in New Zealand. I am extremely happy I did it and would love to learn to jump by myself. I would recommend that everyone try it once, it was the experience of a lifetime.
One of my fondedst memories is when we had scrumpy fest. For those of you who don’t know, scrumpy is a spiked cider from New Zealand. I loved that night because everyone was hanging out and goofing off together. I loved evey time when the whole group hung out. We are definitely a crazy bunch that loves a good time. I am going to miss being with everyone and will especially miss New Zealand. Thak you art and Doug for the unforgettable winter session!
Kia Ora!
Experience the Learning Adventure of a Lifetime
Tongariro
Tuesday, February 6, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Mt Ruapehu

No comments:
Post a Comment