As our trip draws to close, it is time to reflect on my most memorable and most challenging experiences from the past month.
Just a day before we left for 90-mile beach and Cape Reinga, my camera broke. Initially, I was quite upset not because the view from Cape Reinga was the most beautiful sight I have ever laid eyes on. After climbing up the hill, I decided to attempt to sketch the scene before me. It was interesting because that image is engrained in my memory much deeper than it would have been had I just snapped a photo. The other interesting thing was that none of the pictures of Cape Reinga that my classmates took matches the image in my head or what I drew. This is my most memorable experience, a sight that I will never be able to forget.
I am not the type of person that can easily strike up a conversation with anyone. It was a challenge to open up to the people in our group, but not nearly as challenging as it was to venture off on my own for the free weekend. Upon arrival at the farm, I was put at ease by Ngaire’s friendly smile and interaction with all her guests. I definitely felt welcome there. I believe that had I traveled with the group, I never would have met or talked to all the different people that I did. I met families from New Zealand, France, Lebanon as well as people traveling from Australia, Sweden, USA, and Germany. We interacted so well that I hugged most of them goodbye when they departed. My most challenging experience- venturing out alone and meeting new people- turned into one that I treasure dearly.
Experience the Learning Adventure of a Lifetime
Tongariro
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Mt Ruapehu

No comments:
Post a Comment