Experience the Learning Adventure of a Lifetime

Experience the Learning Adventure of a Lifetime
Tongariro

Tuesday, February 6, 2007

Final Blog

Hey everyone! I can’t believe that the trip is already over! But just look at all we’ve done. The last week of the trip was amazing!
When I came to Wellington I felt almost at home. Seeing all of the friends that I had made the pervious weekend was also really cool.
I think that the best thing about the last week however, was the Tongariro Pass. It was challenging and it gave me one of the best views that I have ever seen.
White Island was also a huge highlight of the final week. Walking on an active volcano would be awesome enough, but jumping off of a boat into crystal clear water near an active volcano was what really made the excursion perfect.
As far as the trip as a whole, I really think that it was the greatest experience of my entire life. I loved learning about NZ’s culture and its wildlife and geology. It really is a fascinating country. I especially enjoyed learning about that Maori and how they view the world. Te Papa was a great place to go to see Maori culture and at its best. I think that the most challenging thing about this trip was just opening up to people. I usually keep to myself and I’m a loner by nature in most cases. But living that close to others for a month in a foreign country means that being a loner isn’t an option. Anyways, it was a great trip! Cheers!

-Metal Mike

No comments:

Mt Ruapehu

Mt Ruapehu