Experience the Learning Adventure of a Lifetime
Tongariro
Tuesday, February 6, 2007
Last Blog
Before I went on this trip, I always thought it was weird how anyone that went abroad came back raving about how they had the time of their life, and how much fun it was. I now know why. This past month has been the best month of my entire life. "Never have I ever" had more fun than I did on this trip. At first I was nervous because I had never gone outside North America, and for some strange reason, I really had no interest in traveling abroad. Thank God my mom and best friend convinced me otherwise. I can't imagine what it would have been like, had I not gone to New Zealand. I am glad to have overcome my fear of culture shock. The country is extraordinarily beautiful, the people are ridiculously nice, and the beaches/attractions were awesome.
People always said that, even though you begin the trip as strangers, something happens when you get to your destination, and you feel a sense of comfort among eachother. This happened on this trip. The friends that I have made are amazing. We got along so well. I think I spent 90% of the trip just laughing and having so much fun with the group. For some reason, it's like we went to New Zealand and turned 10. I love being young, and acting like a kid. And at 22, that's something that seems hard to. Not this past month!
My fondest memory was our second Sunday. We had just got back from Mount Maunganui, the sun had finally come out, and it was beautiful outside. Almost everyone, professors included, went to the pool at our dorm, and played in the water for several hours. For dinner, we ordered like 15 pizzas, and inhaled them all in under 10 minutes. After dinner, the entire group played a huge game of kickball on the field: Big Kids vs. Little Kids (upper vs. lower classmen). Big Kids won! Then we showered and had movie night in the lounge. I will always cherish this day and remember how much fun we all had, and how a group of strangers came together in a country on the other side of world, and are now friends.
I had the time of my life in New Zealand. I think that anyone who has the opportunity to study abroad should take advantage of that priviledge. Go Big or Go Home NZ 07 BALLIN!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Mt Ruapehu

No comments:
Post a Comment