Experience the Learning Adventure of a Lifetime

Experience the Learning Adventure of a Lifetime
Tongariro

Tuesday, February 6, 2007

Final Blog

Looking back over the last month, it’s hard to believe how much we have managed to see and do. We’ve had so many great opportunities and experiences but there are two that stick out most in my mind. Probably my favorite thing that I did was going diving at the Poor Knights on the free weekend. The diving was amazing, and it was great to see a lot of what we had been learning in class but in its natural environment. On the other end of the spectrum, there have also been some challenging moments on this trip One of the hardest things I think I’ve ever done was the Tongoriro Crossing. A 17 km hike up and down a mountain would have been brutal normally, but it didn’t help that I twisted my ankle about 1 ½ hours into it. Though I was ready to give up all the time along the way, we kept going, and it felt really good to finish (even if it was after everyone else).

No comments:

Mt Ruapehu

Mt Ruapehu