Well since my last post, some things have changed a bit. We went on our first long excursion to a Marae, Rotorua, and Whakatane.
First off, the Marae stay. That was one of the more interesting things I have done in my life. The culture there was fascinating, and to see their hakas was very cool. And the food was AMAZING. I wouldnt think something cooked underground could taste so good! It was also interesting to see all the foogy conditions down there, as the island in the lake nearby would fade in and out of view.
Then came Rotorua, home of the world famous Zorb. That also was one of the coolest things I have ever done in my life. I did it twice, once with a few buds of mine in a three-person zorb, where you go straight down the hill. The 2nd time was by myself on the "zig-zag" course, which was absolutely insane! One of the more fun things I've done here so far.
Finally, Whakatane. This was a bit of a disapointment as it rained for the whole time we were there, which prevented us from going to white island. It was very dissapointing to me, since this was one of the main points of me going on this trip, since I'm very interested in Volcanology. But no worries, the trip is still going great and I am enjoying myself everyday that I am here.
Thats all I can think of for now, I will post next week with many more stories of fun times down under!
Experience the Learning Adventure of a Lifetime
Tongariro
Sunday, January 14, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Mt Ruapehu

No comments:
Post a Comment