Experience the Learning Adventure of a Lifetime
Tongariro
Tuesday, January 16, 2007
Tomorrow Marks our Halfway Mark :(
Our second week in New Zealand has been quite eventful. Beginning the weekend with the stay at the Morai was a great cultural learning experience. It was really cool to see how incredibly strong their family traditions still are and to eat their meal, which in my opinnion has been our best meal yet. Sleeping 27 deep in the meeting house was definately a bonding experience, and we finally got a pic of Art sleeping! Rotorua, well, smelled. It was a neat little town though, I wish that the weather could have been better. Our stop at the Agrodome was entertaining to say the least. Evan can milk a mean cow! My favorite was being able to go in the baby lamb pen and pet the puppies too! Yesterday was by far my favorite day. It was very educational while at the same time very pleasant. For Geology, I found the Hot Water Beach to be very interesting. The Geothermal Fault Line was what caused the 140 degree water beneath out feet, thats cool. I found Mt. Maunganui to be the most impressive for Marine Biology. We got to see a whole range of species within the rocks, I personally enjoyed popping the air bubbles in the kelp. Tomorrow begings our free four day weekend. A word of advice: Justin, I know you are flying, please clean all of your belongings of your extacy, otherwise you are sure to have a cavity search at the least by the kiwi security guards. Everyone have a safe and fun weekend, and like Cookie said, don't get arrested because you won't ever be able to come back to this awesome place again, and call mom!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Mt Ruapehu

No comments:
Post a Comment