Experience the Learning Adventure of a Lifetime

Experience the Learning Adventure of a Lifetime
Tongariro

Monday, January 1, 2007

Hi Everyone

Hello everyone my name is Justin. I imagine that everyone else is currently sitting on their suitcases trying to get that last item to fit. So on the chance that some of you are frustrated and just want to take a break (or can't sleep depending on when you read this) then there is a good chance that my post will be something you haven't read!

I'm a senior geology student and my interest in this trip is mainly because of the concentration on geology (and biology) topics. I'm interested in seeing the differences between Delaware's coast and New Zealand's coast, which I'm sure is vast. Speaking of New Zealand's geology, I found this website that deals with New Zealand's mineral industry news (http://www.crownminerals.govt.nz/news/index.asp). I also am excited about the amount of hiking that will be doing. Hiking has always been one of my favorite things to do when the weather is nice, and it will be nice to be able to do some in January.

I've read through most of the posts and I have to agree that I'm not looking forward to all the flight time we have scheduled. I can't generally sleep on a plane, so I'm sure I'll get to savor every minute of that 13 hour flight awake! I'm praying for inflight movies :) As far as our free weekend I haven't decided what I will do for that. I'm not a fan of life-risking sports, but I'm sure I'll find some way to kill the time. I'm going to go finish up packing and I'll see all of you tomorrow at 10:30.
-Justin

No comments:

Mt Ruapehu

Mt Ruapehu