Experience the Learning Adventure of a Lifetime

Experience the Learning Adventure of a Lifetime
Tongariro

Wednesday, January 10, 2007

There is no place like New Zealand

Hello Hello! I've only been in New Zealand for a week, but it has been by far one of the most interesting weeks of my life. The 20 hour plane ride wasnt very appealing but that experience was soon forgotten by the beautiful site of Auckland seen from the top of Mount Eden. The city of Auckland was a lot of fun starting off with the dormant volcano Rangitoto, I was excited to see the actual lava flow that was left behind. Next stop was the Bay of Islands which was by far my favorite. Sand Boarding was a fun experience, maybe not for Katy but I think it was generally like by the group. Hiking up that sand dune definately was my work out of the trip. The 90 mile beach cruise with that horrible bus driver was even a good time, but for me the Waitangi Treaty House was the highlight of the Bay of Islands. Our Maori Tour guide, Will, knew everything and anything about the history and culture of New Zealand. After a long and crazy weekend we finally arrived to Hamilton, where I cou! ! ! ! ld finally unpack all my belongings and start feeling at home. The University of Waikato is a nice facility with an amazing fire alarm system, it's not very close to town but the walk is worth it. So far New Zealand is amazing and I am having the time of my life. I can't wait to see what else New Zealand has to offer and I'm anticipating what is still yet to come. Kia Ora!

No comments:

Mt Ruapehu

Mt Ruapehu