Experience the Learning Adventure of a Lifetime
Tongariro
Wednesday, January 24, 2007
No regrets, no worries...
This weekend was our four day free weekend. I was so excited to finally plan my own adventures and explore NZ all on my own. Jamie, Katy, Ariel, and I headed to the Mount and Tauranga for our relaxing weekend. Our time was filled with lots of sunbathing, shopping, and taking it easy. This seemed to fit right into the lifestyle of the kiwis. Everyone in the town was so chill, it was hard not to fall in love with the people of the Mount. My favorite part of experiencing the culture is all the crazy characters we met along the way. We encountered a man who believed that World War 3 was coming and that UFOs were going to come from space to beem up those who believed in Jesus. This man was also banned from the Mount for a period of two years. Most people in their right minds would run when this man started talking but I thought it was one of the funniest things ever. The girls and I ran into some of the sweetest people in the world like our friends at the hostel (okay only 1 room of people because everyone else hated us including Murray), the Thai woman, all the fabulous taxi drivers, and everyone we met out on the town at night. It was interesting to see how accepting MOST people were of our difference in culture. Overall, I had a weekend to remember and even though we had to leave a day early because we were kicked out of our hostile… I wouldn’t change the amazing days (and nights) I had!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Mt Ruapehu

No comments:
Post a Comment