Experience the Learning Adventure of a Lifetime

Experience the Learning Adventure of a Lifetime
Tongariro

Monday, December 25, 2006

ariel l

Happy Holidays everyone! My name is Ariel, and I'm a junior at Bucknell University. I am majoring in Latin American Studies and Spanish there. Bucknell has a shorter winter break, so normally, I would not be able to travel abroad for a winter session. However, I am going to Buenos Aires, Argentina next semester, and I do not leave until the end of February, so I have fortunately been provided with this amazing opportunity.
My favorite thing to do is travel, so I am extremely excited for New Zealand. I am a little nervous because I am the only person not from UDel, but I think that this will be the trip of a lifetime. I love the beach, so I can't wait see the beautiful beaches of NZ. I also am excited to see how different the climate is there. I heard that on any given day, you can experience all four weather seasons. To be honest, I am not much of an "outdoors person," so I am also looking forward to all of the hiking and exploring because it is something I rarely do.
I have not yet decided what I want to do for our free weekend. I want to try zorbing at some point, but I am also considering traveling to Christchurch on the South Island. My friends were just there and said it was the most amazing city they had ever been to.
Here are some websites on zorbing and Christchurch:
http://www.christchurch.org.nz/
http://www.newzealandnz.co.nz/activities/zorbing.html

I look forward to meeting all of you and can't wait for the trip!! See you soon!!

Ariel

2 comments:

CSHEL_Blogsphere said...

I would love to go to Christchurch! One of my relatives was talking about what an amazing place it is. She said very much like London. That could be a great way to spend the weekend.

-Callie

CSHEL_Blogsphere said...

Hey, I'm trying to go to Christchurch too, my dad's friend livd in Australia for a few years and he visited NZ often, He told me that the Mountains on the South island are amazing! If your interested in traveling together, let me know.
-Mike M

Mt Ruapehu

Mt Ruapehu