Experience the Learning Adventure of a Lifetime

Experience the Learning Adventure of a Lifetime
Tongariro

Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Home is boring, New Zealand is not

Well, it is almost here. I am so amped for this trip. I am senior student in the environmental science track, hoping to finalized a minor in geology, geagraphy and a concentraion in marine studies. Needless to say this trip is right up my alley. I do not know many people who have been lucky enough to go, but the few that have have spoken very highly of the scenery and country.
I had been doing a little reading in a book my sister got me for the trip, "Straying From the Flock, Travels in New Zealand, and found an awesome site. The site was lonelyplanet.com it is a site that offeres some cool basic information about countries all over the world. The site had a ton of information about different things going on in New Zealand. It also just reiterated some of the things that were discussed in the meetings.
I have done some traveling before, and much of it has required the need to flight, yet I have never been in the air for quite as long as we will be this time. I am hoping to find the ability to sleep on this flight, it has been trouble in the past. I have already gotten my neck pillow, and plan on not getting much sleep before the trip. The lengthy flight is really all that has me a little worried, not because I am affraid of flying, more because i know I can become grumpy with little sleep.
I really hope to take advantage of all that this country has to offer. I am very excited for the food. I love fish and other seafoods, and the fact that everything is so fresh does nothing but hieghten my excitement. I am also a huge fan of wines, and if you have not heard, New Zeakand has much to offer those interested in some wine. nzwine.com has tons of information for those looking for a good glass. The landscape and hiking have me also very excited. Along with the hiking and trips to the beach I am also trying to experience something every car-nut wants, driving a ride-side drive auto. Not that it seems possible, both because of timing and economic standing, I doubt I will be able to do this, www.rallydrivenz.co.nz, but I can dream.

1 comment:

CSHEL_Blogsphere said...

I hear ya on the wine...and the rally cars would be at least fun to watch!

Mt Ruapehu

Mt Ruapehu