Experience the Learning Adventure of a Lifetime

Experience the Learning Adventure of a Lifetime
Tongariro

Sunday, December 24, 2006

Katy T

Merry Christmas Eve everyone! I'm Katy and I'm a sophomore bio major from New Jersey. I agree with Chris and Sarah (and probably everyone else) that the plane ride isn't going to be too pleasant, but I'm sure that between sleeping and movies we'll manage to keep ourselves occupied. I'm pretty much looking forward to anything and everything that we'll be doing. I'd like to see a kiwi bird and a tuatara if we can. I don't have any plans yet for the long weekend, so if any one has any ideas post them! I'm pretty much down for anything... except maybe sky diving. The only thing I'm not looking forward to, besides the flight, is not being able to keep in touch with my boyfriend/family... so I was wondering about internet connections... will we have access to the internet in the dorms??

Here's my NZ link.
It's a list of NZ slang that might be useful for speaking like a Kiwi. My favorite might be "give your ferret a run" and I'll leave that one to your imagination... or you can look it up.

Here is another link.
This one is about the native animals to New Zealand. I've done some reading (not much) about the wildlife in NZ, and I'm pretty interested in how so much of the wildlife are invasive, introduced species and how they've impacted the native animals.

Random New Zealand fact: The kiwi bird, a small flightless bird, can outrun a human.

1 comment:

CSHEL_Blogsphere said...

We're working on at at least limited internet access in the dorms and I'll post an update as soon as I hear something new. Internet cafes and wifi hotspots will be plentiful in the major cities and even many of the small towns are well connected.

Here's a link for those interested in that odd lizard the tuatara that you mentioned
http://www.kcc.org.nz/animals/tuatara.asp

-ACT

Mt Ruapehu

Mt Ruapehu