Experience the Learning Adventure of a Lifetime

Experience the Learning Adventure of a Lifetime
Tongariro

Sunday, December 24, 2006

Krystal G

Hey, I'm Krystal, also a junior biology major. I'm sure I am just as excited as everybody else for this trip, but I would have to say that I have been especially looking forward to visiting White Island. Tonight on the travel channel I watched a show about NZ that had a bit about White Island, which made me even more excited to see it. I'm also pretty excited to go sand boarding when we visit Cape Reinga. As for my free weekend, I have to say that bungy jumping is at the top of my list, but I haven't made any definite plans yet. This one looked really cool.

I found a few other links that I found pretty interesting. First of all, I really like sharks, and liked reading about this one. I also like this site a lot, it has a lot of good stuff about White Island and all the other volcanoes in NZ, lists all the recent activity etc etc.

Sarah, I think I saw the same show as you..I saw the piece about the earthquakes in Wellington. My parents didn't really like that part, but I'm not worried. The show also showed some footage of Rotorua and the steam that comes out of the ground every day....pretty cool.

6 comments:

CSHEL_Blogsphere said...

thanks for the links Krystal not sure that I am up for the thrill of bungy but good luck to those that do. By the way we Island and Wellington on? I'd like to try and find and tape it. Also if anyone knows or hears about any NZ related shows coming up please let me and the rest of the group know.
-ACT

CSHEL_Blogsphere said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
CSHEL_Blogsphere said...

bungy jumping sounds awesome

mike c

CSHEL_Blogsphere said...

i heard there is amazing bungee jumping in Auckland from the Sky Tower. ill join!

-ariel l

CSHEL_Blogsphere said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
CSHEL_Blogsphere said...

The site about the bungy seems awesome. I am unable to go skydiving, because of a promise made to my mom, but bungy is not out of the question. Thanks for posting this site. It is not only has a great list of places to bungy but it also has a price list making it easy to decide.

jonathan g

Mt Ruapehu

Mt Ruapehu